Last updated November 6th 2020
Thank you for visiting the website of Mitsubishi Chemical Cleansui Corporation (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at MCJP-MBX-MCC_cleansui@mchcgr.com.
When you visit our website https://www.cleansui-culinary.com/ (the “Website“), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services“, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name
|B. Personal information categories listed in the Customer Records statute||Name, contact information||
|C. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history||
|D. Internet or other similar network activity||Cookies, setting of browsing, browsing history, online behavior, and time/date of access||
|E. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level||
|F. Inferences drawn from other personal information||
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories in instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; or
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you inquire about our Services via our Website or otherwise when you provide personal information to us via Distributer / Agent.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To investigate product usage and satisfaction. We may use your information to investigate product usage and satisfaction.
- Marketing and Promotion. We may use your information for marketing and to promote our Services.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
The current list of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information, and the purpose and the categories of personal information that is disclosed are as below.
We have disclosed the following categories or personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Category A. Identifiers, such as your name, email address.
- Category E. Professional or employment-related information, such as business contact details.
We don’t sell your personal information.
Your rights with respect to your personal information
Right to request deletion of the information – Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- the specific items of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with the information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
Other privacy rights
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at MCJP-MBX-MCC_cleansui@mchcgr.com
or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your information, we would like to hear from you.
You can use an authorized agent to exercise your rights but we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at
MCJP-MBX-MCC_cleansui@mchcgr.com or by post to:
Mitsubishi Chemical Cleansui Corporation
1-2-2 Hongokucho, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0021 Japan